Sunday, January 11, 2009
My very own recipe of the day: Vegetable shrimp stir fry
This is very QUICK, EASY and a DELICIOUS recipe for you hungry people out there.
When we think quick and easy, we don't often think delicious. Do we? But, the trick to making an delicious easy meal is to know the right ingredients and to add them in proper measurements.
ps* This is also a super healthy meal. I've used very little oil and spices. So, this goes perfectly with my nutritional diet.
* White mushrooms (or any other mushrooms, cut in slices as many as you want. I used about 10 here)
* Half of a Green pepper (cut in medium pieces)
* 1 carrot sliced in thin pieces
* 3-4 Green chillies (chopped)
* 1 tomato (chopped)
* Shrimps (as many you like)
* 1 medium onion (chopped in thin slices)
* Salt (1 tea spoon)
* Black pepper (1 tea spoon)
* White pepper (1 tea spoon)
* Cooking Oil (2 table spoon)
* Heat the oil in pan for about 5 minutes.
* Add the onions and cook for few minutes
* Add the carrots and green pepper and cover the pan for 5 minutes for it to boil
* Then add everything else including the salt, pepper.Stir fry for another 5 - 10 minutes until ingredients look cooked and a bit juicy.
Serve with steamed rice or flat bread.