Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yogurt Cake for the health conscious mind















I have been craving for cakes lately. But, for long enough i resisted it. I did not want to ruin my healthy eating plan. But, today I found a recipe in one of my very old journals. A journal which I used to keep few years back, where I jotted down all the interested recipes I ever could come across.

And guess what! It was a very friendly cake recipe which I thought was okay to have. So, I baked it. And I think I have eaten 2 pieces so far.

I love the light cream cheese taste of it. It totally fulfilled my crave. So thankful I found this ol Journal. =)

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of plain yogurt ( a small can)
  • 1 cup of Splenda (No calorie sugar)
  • 2 eggs
  • Lemon zest ( very little )
  • 2 cups of plain white flour (All purpose flour)
  • 2 tspn of baking powder
  • 1 cup oil/margarine (melt/soften the margarine beforehand)
Stir in everything together in a mixing bowl. You can use a hand mixer.
Bake in the oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes.
Cake should be ready once the top looks slightly browned as shown in picture.

Enjoy!
Post a Comment