Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Most Essential Part of One's Day

French Toast
with banana and glazed strawberries

mmm mmm Good!


What is the most essential meal of one's day? Breakfast!
I don't usually have time to eat breakfast these days as i wake up and run to school. But, on my day offs I love a good stomach filling breakfast. Because, it is the most essential part of everyone's day.

I got bored with the usual and made french toast. I was craving whipping cream to go in the middle of these toasts but there was none at home! So what you see is what I pulled out. I am glad I got the healthier dose instead of whipped cream. mmmm!


Ingredients:


2 large Eggs
four slices of Wonder Brown Bread
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
2 tablespoon whole milk
oil - 3 table spoons
1 banana sliced in half
sliced strawberries glazed in sugar

Method:

In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk and add the milk and vanilla, whisk
Add sugar and whisk again

Heat a pan with oil in Medium heat, enough to lightly fry the toasts

Take the slices of breads and cut them in half, in a sandwich shape of your liking.
You can lightly toast the bread in a toaster if you like it crunchy.
I didn't.
Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture, when all of the bread has been dipped in the egg mixture take it out and get the excessive eggs out.

Place it in the pan and fry both sides for as little as 2 minutes. When it reaches light golden, take it out and place on Towel paper to soak the excessive oil.

Serve with fruits as I did or you can go wild with making french toast sandwich with Whipped cream, chocolate fudge, Nutella spread, or fruit jam!

It's so good!
I tried fruits because I am usually lazy these days to take my dose of fruits, and this way I actually enjoyed eating them.
Post a Comment