Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chinese Fried Rice, beef chilly and vegetable mania


Did I ever mention I love Chinese food? mmmm! My all time favorite. I can never say "no", "maybe later" to Chinese food. I used to dine in a lot of Chinese restaurants in Toronto, but after the realization of 'Halal certified' came to my mind I have become very cautious about where I eat. Even the so called Halal Chinese Restaurants are doubtful these days. I say this because most of their meat arrive from places where they cannot assure whether the meat was really slaughtered in an Islamic way?

So I gave up looking for the perfect Halal Chinese Cuisine and learned to make my own! I thank my dearest Mother for this. Since childhood I have been appreciating her home made Chinese food with a desi touch and from seeing her in the kitchen, I picked up a lot of her cooking style. Not all, but some!

Here are the recipes below.


EGG FRIED RICE

Ingredients:

4 cups Basmati rice
1 cup Oil to fry
5 Large Eggs
1 cup green peas
2-3 table spoons salt
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 table spoon Monosodium-Glutamate salt ( or as we call it 'Tasting salt')

YOU NEED A GOOD WHISK for the next steps

Method:

Boil the rice, strain and run under cold water for it to prevent over cooking. 

In a deep large non-stick pan heat the oil in medium heat
Separate the eggs and place in a bowl, once the oil is well heated pour the eggs into the oil and using a whisk, whisk the eggs and fry them until it looks scrambled.

take out the fried scrambled eggs and set aside. Sprinkle a pinch or two salt over.

In the deep fry pan, heat some more oil and place the peas with all of the ingredients, except half of the salt.

Add the rice to this mixture and using a big spatula mix the peas and rice and keep adding the rest of salt for them to blend in. 

Add the fried scrambled eggs and mix with spatula. 
Turn heat to low and cover for 10 minutes

Serve


BEEF  CHILLY


 Ingredients:

3 Ibs boneless Beef
3 large onions (chopped)
2 large potatoes, cubed
2 Red bell peppers, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
6-8 green chillies, halved
1/2 cup Corn Starch
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 table spoon salt
Monosodium glutamate (to your taste)
1/4 cup teriyaki Sauce
1 1/2 table spoon black pepper
2 table spoon soy sauce


Method:

  1. Wash the meat very well until clean 
  2. In a bowl marinate the meat with  1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, 1 tablespoon salt,  all of soy sauce and cover. Set aside for 15-20 minutes 
  3. On the stove top under medium flame, heat the oil. Place all onions and fry until light brown
  4. Add the green chillies and lightly fry
  5. Add the Red bell peppers and green bell peppers
  6. Add the remaining 1 table spoon black pepper, soy sauce
  7. After few minutes add the marinated beef
  8. Cook for 10-20
  9. Add the Teriyaki sauce and cover
  10. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or more until beef is super tender
  11. Sprinkle with fried onions and black pepper!

Sorry for not posting the veggie recipe for now. I will post it soon as I get a chance =)


Asian Mel's Cherry Teryaki Sauce- KOSHER




Post a Comment