A simple yet delicious healthy meal was served to my family by the one and only ME!
Not only my hubby loved it, but our recent First year birthday boy (November 3rd) the
newbie toddler Sufyaan also licked his fingers and the chicken legs. That tells me he likes it,
because he is a picky eater and I always have to interest him into trying new food with many
different and funny tactics. That I will share with you another time perhaps. ;)
CHICKEN SPINACH CURRY
For this recipe, you can either use fresh spinach or the packaged ones.
1/2 pounds Chicken ( cut them into small pieces )
2 Medium Onions (chopped)
1 Tablespoons Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tablespoons chilly powder
8-10 Tablespoons Oil or more as your choice
1 1/2 Tablespoons GingerGarlic paste (or half equal amounts of each if not mixed together I make my paste at home with fresh Ginger & garlic)
2 Teaspoons Zeera powder
2 Teaspoons Garam Masala ( I make mine fresh at home)
2 tablespoons salt (as per your taste)
2-3 cups Spinach (fresh or frozen)
1 Large potato (cubed)
1/2 cup water
- On a non stick pan, heat oil and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes
- Add salt and stir
- Then add the turmeric, chilly and zeera powder, stir well
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and mix well
- At this point if the onions start to stick to pan, add very little warm water to prevent it
- Add the garam masala, keep stirring
- When the onions look lightly golden to golden brown add the washed chicken pieces and mix the ingredients well.
- Turn heat to medium and let the chicken and rest of ingredients mingle and jingle so the chicken absorbs the flavor
- Add potatoes
- After 5-8 minutes add water and cover the pan and keep heat on medium so chicken and potato cooks under steam
- When the chicken and potato is cooked and the water has reduced from 1/2 cup add the spinach leaves and stir lightly. Cover
- After 5 minutes turn off heat and it's ready to be served!